Top Paddock & Adriano Zumbo Patisserie

Posted by Unknown on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 with 4 comments
On the rare occasion that Melbourne blesses us with clear blue skies and sunny days, you know you have to jump at the opportunity to jam pack as much as you can into your day. It was an easy choice for E and I to flock straight to Top Paddock to kick start our day.






Purple Potato & Buffalo Ash Brie Omelette

The deep violet hues of the purple potatoes contrasted magnificently with the pastel yellow of the omelette. They were sweet, earthy and nutty, which further highlighted the creamy mild ash brie and smooth texture of the eggs. Adding a faint spice were also a handful of roughly chopped padron peppers scattered throughout the omelette. At the first few bites, I welcomed the lingering pepper flavour, though I found myself picking around them not long after. 





House Made Muesli with Poached Fruit & Yoghurt


E opted for a lighter breakfast of the House Made Muesli. Out came an amazing mountain of muesli crowned with half a poached pear and the vibrant trail of micro herbs. A dollop of refreshing yogurt was also present, though E expressed that she would have loved to have had more to go around.

I would love to see more of Top Paddock, and will definitely be back for lunch when I get the chance. What I did enjoy the most was the interior and the ambiance that Top Paddock exuded. It is no surprise that they had won the 'Best Cafe Design' at the Eat Drink Design awards just over a week ago.


Top Paddock
658 Church St
Richmond, VIC

Top Paddock on Urbanspoon


Making full use of the lovely weather, I also popped over to visit Adriano Zumbo to buy some Zumbarons for JJ's birthday. Of course, I picked up a couple for myself as well. As you would know, Zumbo is no ordinary man, and his Zumbarons are no ordinary macaron. Pie & Sauce Zumbaron anyone ?







Salted Butter Popcorn and Passionfruit & Basil

Of the two I chose, the Passionfruit & Basil was the most memorable. This sweet little thing tickled both my brain and taste buds. Speckled with dried basil, the two meringue domes sandwiched an amazing butter cream blend of tangy passionfruit and aromatic basil. 


Adriano Zumbo
12 -14 Claremont St
South Yarra, VIC

Adriano Zumbo Patisserie on Urbanspoon