NSHRY

Posted by Unknown on Monday, April 08, 2013 with No comments
NSHRY, pronounced  "noshery"  is derived from the word "nosh" - to eat food enthusiastically or greedily. Wouldn't it be cute it they decided to open a sister establishment call NMRY (Nomery) ? 

Located on the beautiful Beaconsfield Parade, NSHRY was where I held my Birthday brunch. Having called a week in advance to make a reservation, I was informed that they didn't take bookings for weekends. A little deterring, but I was willing to take my chances, and wouldn't have minded a short wait anyway. We were seated outside to soak in Melbourne's finest weathers. Sunshine, wind, wind and more wind.

Now, I've been to NSHRY before for breakfast, so this time round I was very keen to try what was considered "Burger of the Year 2011". There was only one thing stopping me though. I looked at the time, and it was only 11.30pm. Problem. The Unami Burger being a lunch item wasn't on offer till  afte 12.00 noon. However, turns out I had birthday privileges. After learning it was my birthday, the waiter and the chef both agreed that it wouldn't be a problem. WIN !

Allowing just enough time for me to rip into my presents, food was ready just as I finished gushing over all my presents. And WOW ! The thing I love most about NSHRY is their impeccable dish presentation. 








Umami Burger 
200g Wagyu and Angus beef cooked to medium rare, Umami rub, brown mushroom sauce, gruyere, caramelised onions, oven roasted tomato and a parmesan crisp between a sweet brioche bun with a side of beer battered chips, slaw, cornichons, spicy chip dip, tomato sauce and wasabi kewpie


Panko crumbed chicken burger, apple & walnut salad with a side of beer battered chips, slaw, cornichons, spicy chip dip, tomato sauce & wasabi kewpie


Eggs Florentine 
Wilted spinach, poached eggs and hollandaise sauce on toasted sourdough


Avocado & goats cheese on multigrain toast 
with roasted mixed seeds, fresh basil + yuzu dressing


Grilled avacado, poached egg, bacon, roasted pepper 
& gruyere with capsicum relish on sun-dried tomato & chilli toast

This beachside gem has perfectly incorporated Japanese elements into Western cuisine, and with so many 'noshes' to choose from, I am bound to be back !

nom nom nom nosh nosh nosh 


NSHRY
129a Beaconsfield Parade 
Albert ParkVIC



Nshry on Urbanspoon