WonderBao

Posted by Unknown on Monday, July 22, 2013 with No comments
I had already had my lunch. Quite a big one actually. But as soon as I walked past A'Beckket street, my brain immediately switched on to crazy foodie mode and went "THAT'S WHERE WONDERBAO IS!" Next thing you know, I'm at Melbourne's famous Bao eatery.

I asked the guy behind the counter which one he liked most. He started off with Braised Pork Belly, mentioned the Roast Pork Belly but then quickly changed his mind to the Fried Silky Tofu.  His  enthusiasm and indecisiveness of which one was his favourite was rather cute. In the end, I went for the Braised Pork Belly seeing as though it was the one that he mentioned first. Perfect - pork belly for my pork belly






Braised Pork Belly Gua Bao

Similarly shaped to a taco, the bao reminded me of marshmallows - soft, fluffy and an absolute delight to eat. I could have just had the bao itself and I would have been happy. But the wonder did not stop here. The bao was filled with a thick juicy slice of fatty braised pork belly, pickled mustard, a fresh spring of coriander and a sprinkle of crushed peanuts. Sweet sweet satisfaction by the mouthful, the flavours together were sensational.

It's simple, the name pretty much says it all - wonderful wonderbaos. 


WonderBao
Shop 4/19-37 A'Beckett Street
Melbourne

Wonderbao on Urbanspoon